Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thanks Philippine Idol Judges for letting me to join the manila theater audition.


Chapter 1
( not interested!)
Well, philippine idol is really a very tough competition...If you can't reach the standard..they will never really accept you..
My friend convinced me to join this prestigious competition, because he believes that i can really make it. Well, I never believe in him..coz that time I'm really very busy with my studies in counseling and i told myself that..Philippine idol is not for me, thats just for my future children...I'm too late for that...
He told me that, I can still join because i am still 27 years old. well, I told him that I will try...but at the back of my mind..I'm not interested and as just a respect to him..I will go there and audition.
Chapter 2
(I was forced!but later like it!)
I passed the RMN screening, and they keep announcing my name on air..until a lot of people know that I'm joining...The radio station called me to get that fast track form..and i gone there, but during that fast track schedule, i never made it..coz i'm traveling outside Davao for my job...and was not so interested really with that competition..My friend is there and he keep on calling my phone, and telling me to go there at SM.The RMN staff told me that my number had already passed number 44, and i have to go to main audition at waterfront to compete. They have choosen 10 from that over 100 plus of people who auditioned the fast track.
Finally 23th of June had come...My friend told me to wake up as early as 4pm but..hey! me and my tired body can't wake up early...He knocked on my door at 5am, and I'm still in bed...we go there at 7 am.yes, theres people there, but not that much..I was number 9 who arrived early..I never take the leave in my job, because i Though it will be very easy...when after the audition, I can go immediately to work...but...ahhhh...ahhhh...I'm wrong...theres a lot of pictorials and shootings...
Chapter 3-
( getting noticed!)
They have noticed my dressing and become that production staff favorate to be interviewed..they let me sing..that Matud- Nila song while we are on line waiting to go inside.

It's around 9:am when the registration begun. and started going to the function room where there is judges at 10:00 a.m. I'm among the first batch..number 10.Well, I'm late with my job...so I texted my boss that I have hyperacidity and can't make it..but I will go to work in the afternoon.Well, I gone to comfort room to urinate, but the camera followed me and let me sing infront of the mirror for the footage..Well, I sang....thats a good practice..atleast, seing myself infront of the mirror. I't my turn now to go inside...nerve wrecking...Ohhh its Davao's best judges...When they told me, to make them impress...I sang part of my piece, but they never allowed me to finish that because they already told me that I have made it to the next round..It was that easy...some contestant, sing even 3 songs there..but i only sang one unfinished line.

On the next round, theres a batch of Manila Judges..in my batch, there are 3 of us who made it to this round. The judges there let me sing the piece and keeps criticizing my singing style...and he often told me..I'm sorry..you can't really make it! well, It's ok for me..If i cant make it or not..I'm not nervous anymore and i have gain a lot of confidence.When i sang the last tagalog piece intitled Ikaw..he told me....I'm sorry Amor but you made it! and handed me over my blue pass to the next audition with the three main Judges...Pilita, Franscis and Ryan Cayabyab. Theres a lot of interviews there, and they have found out that I can paint, and my favorate subject is nude painting...so the abC-5 production decided to have shooting with me painting a nude subject...hahahahaha....
Chapter 4
(showing what I can do!)

On sunday, they visited my place and I prepared my pain and brush and of course the house..coz its not good that, they will have footage there and my house is unprepared.I canceled the church...I felt bad..but it's ok. This is a rare event. Well, my nieghbor got curious, with unexpected guests in the place. I know, i never have enough things in the house, and never have much to offer...I live alone now, separate from my family for independence..But, well...me is me...I dont have something to hide, and just showing what i have got there. 3 hours shooting and interviewing me, they went to my room and got some pictures what i have inside in the room...I also played the flute infront of the camera...since my guitar is not there. They shot me reading my collection books and pausing with my second hand clothing collections. It is a very tiring day..and I have fever that evening coz in the morning is the main audition.

chapter 5
( the main audition to get that gold pass)
the moment...It's 8 a.m. and we are there in the hotel with my close friend and sister. There are 75 people who got that blue pass and was aiming to get that gold pass. Still we are told to wear the same dress that we wear last 23th. People are staring each other and was very nervous. But i felt nothing..Well, i have done mind setting and praying and vocalizing and i have always that walkman on my ears, so that i can focus with myself and not be distructed by other people. I never expected to get that gold pass, what I'm thinking is..I just do my best and well, never ex[ect something in return..anyway, i have a good job here, It's a win win case for me..If I pass this, well, blessing for me...but if i will never make it..well, I'm ok here with my new job. So i never forced myself to be there, but i just see to it, that I am doing the best that i can..even if i never make it. I have all the confidence, and i never compared myself to other people there...coz i know i am unique..and I'm maria Amor...and nobody is created exactly like me...
Well, when I entered the final room...Ms. Pilita smiled and said to me..I like this woman! thats an amazing comment. we have a better conversation there. and they let me sing my piece. She like the way i sing, and she like my style and energy..Francis made a comment on my pronunciation of exchanging consonants of f and p, and v to b and maybe t to th...hahahah, i know before that thats one of my problem in my singing, and he is very wise to notice that.
They allowed me to sing one Filipino song, I sang the matud nila..very unprepared...Ryan cayabyab made a comment on my slipt notes...but pilita defended that visayan is not my master piece even i'm a visayan..the two have made the decision to let me in..but the last judge was pausing...ryan cayabyab..and was saying....well, maria amor welcome to manila! I go out not on the back door but on the front door...everybody is rejoicing, and i was shouting...Welcome me manila! pictorials, orientation and interviews...blablabla....well, i will fly there by 29th of july..but i have to prepare my body and to loose some wieght...If its for me...well, God will give that, if not for me...I'ts ok...I'm still winning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home