Thursday, June 29, 2006

Who am I, Maria?(life story)

My name is Maria Amor Bacharpa, its a rare name i know... I love being called as Maria or Amor but my family usually called me Mimie. I'm the fist born child in the family and was raced in a very simple typical Filipino family.. My dad is security guard and my mom is a plain housewife. I'm the eldest of seven, there are 5 girls and 2 guys. My family is a very loving family. We are very poor, but my father is working hard to send me and my other sibling to school.I'm a shy type of personality before..and my first learned talent was in arts..I have a very creative mind and I often paint. Later I learn a lot of talents because i dont want to be left behind, and i know it is very painful when somebody got what they want, they are rich and talented and you dont have...I felt the pain of being always put down, ever since when i was a child..when you never have rice to eat, when you are hungry and your cousins have much but never gave, when other people enjoy life, and you are poor and notheing gonna listen to what you want to say because you are powerless. I graduated in my highschool with lots of non academic achievements and academic achievements.
Next chapter-(college years)
I gone to college with only 20 pesos as my faire and no excess, since my house is very far from school, but it never hinder me in achieving my dreams. I got a scholarship in University of Mindanao Choral, and I'm singing alto2. It was great coz it saves my study and i know i have good future ahead. I often stayed in the library with my islam friend Dia, coz we never have money for lunch too often..so we always buy that Halls and White rabbit to aid our hunger, for we never have money to but food. My shoes are always that relief goods from my Aunt and sometimes its not too fit, but i will forced it on my feet coz i never have choice of wearing any new shoes, my family doesnt have the money to but brand new things. I often stroll the street going to the bank where my father work to ask some extra money but he always never have that extra for my lunch.. I often cried coming back to school where my other friends waited for me for lunch..but i always told them to go ahead coz i never have money...they often go to a good resturant to eat, and sometimes they felt pity on me and let me join them for treat.
I always keep in balance with my grades and singing. I never have much time for love life in my college, coz i know...how valuable is my life to be wasted. First things first...study is the objective and thats the passes of my dreams. I graduated in college year 2000, with Bachelor degree in Marketing.
Chapter 3 ( The life outside the school)
well, better for me to get a job after graduation...my first job is, i become a personal assistant of a chinnese business man in his insurance business, and I also go out selling insurance. It's hard coz i'm a fresh graduate and and working as an agent, but that was a very good training.
My boss become my best friend later and he also become my mentor now..His family becomes my extended family. I stopped working with Mr. Soon in 2003 and just working and hand painting dresses for six months before i got a job as a sales executive in southern Mindanao in Hanford Men's underwear(Mansfield International). I'm still single now...hahahaha...good for me to enjoy life to the fullest. I'm about to resign Mansfield now, but got blessed being accepted in one top t.v. network here in the Philippines. I take up units in Psychology in the previous year and have taken units in Master's of Arts in Counseling. And here I am..I was never expecting to be the gold passer in this prestigious Singing Competition...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home